Is there a clear way to identify what hurts UPS?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
enderland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is there a clear way to identify what hurts UPS?

Post by enderland »

I have added a few more bot based smelters and now, my UPS has dropped nearly in half.

In attempts to investigate this, it would be really nice if I could see a more detailed breakdown of what is affecting my UPS - right now I can only see "entity update" and "Logistic manager."

I am assuming my logistics networks for these smelters are what has pushed my UPS down by increasing those times, but I am not actually sure, is there a way to break down in more detailed fashion what is affecting this?

For reference, all the networks I have added have around 5-8k bots. So I wouldn't think they are massive, though they must be significant enough? Is it the number of bots that primarily affects it or the size of the network (ie number of entities)?

kreatious
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Is there a clear way to identify what hurts UPS?

Post by kreatious »

Could try deleting things (make a copy of your save first) until you figure it out:

Code: Select all

/c for key, entity in pairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered({force=game.player.force, name="roboport"})) do
    entity.destroy()
end

/c for key, entity in pairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered({force=game.player.force, name="logistic-robot", limit=1000})) do
    entity.destroy()
end

/c for key, entity in pairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered({force=game.player.force, type="transport-belt", limit=1000})) do
    entity.destroy()
end
And here's a list of all entity names grouped by type

Return to “Technical Help”