Slow motion play after changing to bot-only base

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Slow motion play after changing to bot-only base

Post by Guenni7 »

After completely changing my base to bot-only, the game seems to be in slow-motion mode,
walking is very slow even with 6 exoskeletons, trains accelerate like turtles.
I play on a laptop, Intel I7-4720 2.6Ghz, not the slowest, but of course not as fast as a desktop.
I somewhere read that factorio is allready multi-threaded, but observing the task-manager, only one
of the four cores is really used, the rest is sleeping all the time.
It seems I reached the limit for my computer@one core, which is fine, had a lot of fun with this game and no regrets.
Question is, for what version may I come back, as I think multi-threading will be inevitable in the future of the game?

giich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Slow motion play after changing to bot-only base

Post by giich »

by pressing f4 you can enable your fps/ups and time stats, so you can see where it is bottlenecking

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Seems to be the entities-updates:
Stats

D1ze20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D1ze20 »

The problem might be that you have 1 large bot Network?

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

D1ze20 wrote:The problem might be that you have 1 large bot Network?
I guess it's just the plain amount of bots, there're 70,000 Bots available and 30-60,000 are working at the same time as I do everything from melting to rockets at the home base.

D1ze20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by D1ze20 »

Guenni7 wrote:
D1ze20 wrote:The problem might be that you have 1 large bot Network?
I guess it's just the plain amount of bots, there're 70,000 Bots available and 30-60,000 are working at the same time as I do everything from melting to rockets at the home base.
Are they all in one Network, if you sepparate the networks to maximum of 5000 bots you gain lots of ups, like dropoffstations and smelting arrays should be sepparated as one, and manufacturing should be separated aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5aQnXqb3Y this series helped me out with my own megabase

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

D1ze20 wrote: Are they all in one Network, if you sepparate the networks to maximum of 5000 bots you gain lots of ups, like dropoffstations and smelting arrays should be sepparated as one, and manufacturing should be separated aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5aQnXqb3Y this series helped me out with my own megabase
Yes, it's one big Network in one big Base, that was the idea :)
To seperate into different small networks would need a complete rebuild of everything I've built,
I think I will pass on that one.
But thanks for your suggestions, maybe I will start over one day and then I can use the info.

Return to “Technical Help”