Slow game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Delta_1136
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Slow game

Post by Delta_1136 »

hi,
Can somone help me my savegame runs very slow at about 32fps.
i cant finde the cause.
i tried to kill all the biters via command, but it didn't help.
Screenshot and savgame is attached.
Used Mods:
better Beacons 1.0.0
Better Belts 1.1.3
Infinizoom 0.1.1
Largerinventory Updated 1.0.4
Long Inserters 1.0.0
NuclearRobots 0.0.4
Power Armor MK3 0.1.1
Power Armor MK4 0.0.4
Roboports Extendet 0.0.2
Uranium Shotgun Shell 1.0.1
Advaced Logistics System 0.5.1
angelsinfiniteores 0.6.10
base 0.15.33
Clock 0.15.0

thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot with time uses
Screenshot with time uses
v0.15.12.png (4.23 MiB) Viewed 1338 times
0.15 V1.12.zip
Savegame
(26.38 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

Sicnarf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Slow game

Post by Sicnarf »

Welcome to the final resource management part of Factorio -> UPS
Please bear in mind all my below info is what I have managed to find or figure out through a lot of searching so may not be 100% accurate. Have been unable to find a source that can answer all my questions.

On the info screen the "game update" is showing as 37.6ms once that went above 16.6 (roughly) you will start seeing UPS slow down. Game update is how long it takes your computer to update all the items in the game and once your processor can't do it faster than 16.6 ms things get a little slower.
Below game update is a breakdown of what things in game are using each piece of processing power as far as I can determine
Entity update is Belts, Inserters, Assemblers, beacons and fluids(Pipes).
Electric network is the electricity grid.
Logistic manager is Bots
Trains... well I'm assuming it's the trains.

Your Entity update is murdering you judging by the screen shot you are running a very belt heavy base and belts are very processor intensive every cycle you have to do collision detection on every item on the belt.

So standard UPS advice, quickest fixes first. For any belt span longer than two use underground belts, for calculation purposes only the end points are used. Same advice applies to pipes use undergrounds. Use Solar power as all panels and accumulators are counted as one entity so less calculation, nuclear and steam require fluids and they are calculation costly. Switch to bots for all short distance resource transfer (basically replace all belts with them) as they don't need collision detection. However don't make a massive bot network as that will cause it's own issues, just use small dedicated bot networks. Use trains for long distance resource transfer. Smelting on site (at the mines) is also fairly common to cut down on number of trains you need. Use productivity modules and speed beacons EVERYWHERE, 8 beacons per assembler is the standard, this way with far less entities you can produce far more. Direct insertion is king, directly insert the copper cable into the green circuit and then directly insert that green circuit into something else if you can. Any other method requires more inserters and chests and they increase update time.

Slightly less useful advice use stack inserters everywhere, if they overfill an assembler they will go into "sleep" mode until needed meaning less resource drain. Rip up old stuff you don't need anymore. Use small buffers if you can get away with it every item has to be accounted for.
You are in the end game now, just got there recently myself and it has lots of new rules and preferred builds that I am having lots of fun figuring out.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Slow game

Post by impetus maximus »

Sicnarf has solid advice. i would just like to add using lvl 3 productivity modules, and lvl 3 speed beacons wherever you can will
help get more from less entities.

Return to “Technical Help”