My game opens but dosnt work

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Scarrow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My game opens but dosnt work

Post by Scarrow »

Whenever i lunch the exe (demo-version) the game opens but dosnt apper on the screen even tho i can see that its is open on my hotbar/toolbar (u know at the bottem of the screen) the game just dosnt apper it just opens and dosnt let me interact with it in anny way :x. Occasionaly an error says: sprite "C/:programfiles\factorio\data\base|graphics/entity/small-biter/small-biter-die-1.png" couldnt be loaded witch dosnt always show up, so bassicly the game opens but i cant see it

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My game opens but dosnt work

Post by Lee_newsum »

you system info wold help: RAM, CPU, OS 32/64

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: My game opens but dosnt work

Post by bobingabout »

My first guesses would be...
1. Corrupt data. Either the file is missing for some reason, or can't be read
2. Memory issues, The game requires A LOT of graphics RAM, not so much with the demo, but still a fair bit. it is possible if you're using shared memory for an onboard card, or just a rather old system, that you don't have enough graphics RAM.

As the previous person stated, System information would be useful, such as RAM, Graphics, CPU and OS (Version of Windows, Linux, or MacOS and if it is 32bit or 64bit).
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Technical Help”