Always needing to log in. Why?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DethBringa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Always needing to log in. Why?

Post by DethBringa »

Ok, while not game breaking or anything its a little annoying. I'll host a multiplayer but have to log in, easy as, so I do it. Next time I go to play I have to log in again, I do it again. Next time, same thing. Rinse and repeat.

TBH its not EVERY time. Just more often than not. I would say we play at least 3-4 days a week.
Just a little annoying with the constant relogging.
I'm on Win 10 64bit Pro with admin account.
I'm running 15.x through steam.
I'm also finding whenever I need to do this, the friend I play multi with also needs to log in to his too.

We both do this in the options. We are both running 15.x (need same version for multi). Not sure which win10 he's on (I assume its 64bit pro).

Any ideas?

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Always needing to log in. Why?

Post by d3x0r »

It's because data in player-data.json gets reset ( on windows it's /user/<user>/appdata/roaming/factorio/player-data.json ) If you keep a backup, (if you're on steam) you'll have to re-save it when you restore it, because otherwise a steam version will be newer and overwrite the good data.

Return to “Technical Help”