couldn't establish network communication with serve

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jietnasi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

couldn't establish network communication with serve

Post by jietnasi »

Hey guys! I just bought the game off steam and have been playing it singleplayer for a while, decided to try out multiplayer, but I cant reach any of the servers. I can see them in the public server list but when i try to connect the i get the error message "couldn't establish network communication with server" Any idea what could be the problem here? Would appreciate it a lot as the game is very nice :)

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: couldn't establish network communication with serve

Post by vedrit »

I run into a similar issue where, if I'm using data through my phone via tethering, I'm get that message but only from some servers. Not all.

Julissa Doe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Julissa Doe »

Found this:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7710
Perhaps give it a try?

jietnasi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jietnasi »

Tried both, nothing works...
I use a cable from my router to my computer and wifi is disabled.
I tried making my own multiplayer server and then leaving and then joining a server, still get the error message..

Scifimyth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Scifimyth »

I have this problem with one of my 2 systems. It cannot see a hosted server I have at Low.ms, throwing the "Could not establish network communication with server" message every time. It can connect to some public servers, and can host a local network game, but cannot join a game hosted on the other computer on the local network or the mentioned server. The other computer can connect without issue to everything I have tried. Both are running Kaspersky Total Internet Security on Windows 10. I have marked the game as trusted on the "manage applications" in Kas options, the windows firewall is disabled, and both are currently connecting through a wired connection, although the problem also exists when using Wifi on that machine.

I have tried the suggestion on the linked thread, with no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Graveeater
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Graveeater »

Can't help you with the problem, but a friend has the same problem. He can neither host nor join our multiplayer games. He can join some public games which I can also join. He also uses internet over phone. We also checked with other friends and he can't connect to any of them but everyone else can connect with each other.

It is probably something related to his internet connection. We tried manual port forwarding on his router and firewall exclusions both on his router and laptop, but nothing helped.

Googo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Googo »

Got the same problem here

When browsing public games, each server has its ping displayed as "can't reach" and when i try to connect, got the message "couldn't establish network communication with server"

- Tried to connect with my PC and my laptop and got the same error, but when connecting laptop using USB tethering, I'm able to connect to any server.
- Tried to reinstall the game / verify local files
- Switched to differents versions of the game
- Turned off Firewall / Antivirus
- Opened port 34197
- Changed DNS

Still not working. I think the most probable issue would be a bad configuration of the router.

Waiting for some help

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

I was able to get around my issue of connecting to some servers but not others by using a VPN

Return to “Technical Help”