11 fps when i start recording with fraps

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

11 fps when i start recording with fraps

Post by nuhll »

wtf?

normal even on big bases i never go below 40-50fps, But if i start fraps (fresh map, nothing built) i only get 10-20 fps...? Whats wrong?

It might be factorio and fraps are both using only one (the first, core? (bc its 100%).

Betriebssystem
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 46 °C
Skylake 14nm Technologie
RAM
32,0GB Dual Kanal Unbekannt @ 1306MHz (16-18-18-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170 PRO GAMING (LGA1151)
Grafik
PHL BDM4065 (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095 MBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA) 54 °C
Speicher
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 33 °C
931GB Crucial CT1000BX100SSD1 (SSD) 29 °C
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA) 33 °C

Any idea how to tell factorio or fraps to use another core... Oo

0.15.30 Mods/without mods doesnt change anything.

When factorio only uses one core, could it atleast pick one of the 0% cores...? Oo Before anyone talk about E: 100%, on this drive only fraps run, D is for Factorio ;)
Attachments
asd1.png
asd1.png (15.46 MiB) Viewed 2642 times
asd.png
asd.png (74.73 KiB) Viewed 2642 times

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 11 fps when i start recording with fraps

Post by Patashu »

If you download Process Explorer, you can right click processes > Set Affinity and restrict them to running on only certain cores.

If that still doesn't work, try a different screen recording program such as OBS.

AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlienX »

You do not need Process Explorer to do that,
Just use the normal Task Manager... To do that use the Details tab - right click on a process and it's in there.

Also, instead of using FRAPS (which is known for it's horrendous system performance) do you not have ShadowPlay (an Nvidia GPU tool?) - if you're AMD try using dxtory.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I second OBS. I used to use Bandicam, then switched to FRAPS, then years ago switched to OBS. It's got a bit of a learning wall (not a curve, a wall) but once you're over that you're golden.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

I jus tbought fraps because of 4k.

Still: there must be some sort of bug, i can record life in the woods with shaders and all shit with fraps in 4k no problem. more than 80 fps.

And factorio, nothing build... 11 fps... this cant be real, question is juist, is it bc of fraps or bc of factorio.

Also treid record with 30 fps and 60 fps no difference.

EDIT:

Okay i tried setting different CPUs

like last 3 for fraps and factorio the rest, still at 30% overall cpu usage, better fps but still only 30.

I dont understand, the only thing bottlenecking is the HDD (150MB/s) but why should this affect factorio (on a different (SSD)).

Why does fraps gets limited by hdd while recording factorio and not while playin life in the woods, im not getting it.

Edit2:
i will try obs

EDIT3:

Okay OBS seems quite nice, and its free, just some problem, i cant find out how to seperate system and mic volume. Did 30 min gameplay without voice -.-

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

nuhll wrote:Okay OBS seems quite nice, and its free, just some problem, i cant find out how to seperate system and mic volume. Did 30 min gameplay without voice -.-
As far as I know you can't. I just let them record onto the same track.

You could record with Audacity at the same time, if you want control over your voice volume. Then when editing lay your voice track directly over your voice in the main track.

(if you find out how to record the two audio streams separately in OBS please tell me :D )

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Its possible. But there are 2 settings for the same thing, which i dont understand.

(Mixer on mainscreen line 1,2,3,4)
and

audio settings

IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by IIPoliII »

Try ShadowPlay (Share) in nvidia option this sould work fine (and watch your hdd is overloaded)

Return to “Technical Help”