minimap username

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
itsmeagain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

minimap username

Post by itsmeagain »

Just updated my game to 0.15.29(build 30708,win64,alpha). I can not get my username off of the minimap. It's a long name, I don't want it there. This is a gamesave I have been playing for several weeks now. I changed my username at factorio.com to something shorter, and the new shorter name shows up in new games. I've tried changing the name in the "others" section of the settings - didn't work. I've tried console command game.local_player.name="", didn't work. Is there any way to change the name that shows up in the minimap? This is driving me bonkers. Considering just ditching that save and starting over.

itsmeagain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: minimap username

Post by itsmeagain »

So, I tried editing save files. I found where the username is stored in level.dat with notepad++. But, if I change the name, the game will no longer load the file because it says the file is corrupted. Truth is, I don't like the old username and I'm sick of looking at it. I already started a new game, it's a much better map anyway. I am still curious though as to why something simple like changing a username in a single player game is so difficult. I know this is a minor thing, but I am a strange and quirky person. Always been that way and always will. Would still like to figure this out at some point, then give my ocd something new to complain about. Thanks.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

In the map view, there is a button under minimap to hide player name on map and minimap
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

itsmeagain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by itsmeagain »

Neemys wrote:In the map view, there is a button under minimap to hide player name on map and minimap
I see says the blind man. That'll work. Thanks.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

You're welcome ;)
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Technical Help”