Timeout Time in multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ludman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Timeout Time in multiplayer

Post by Ludman »

Is there any way to increase the timeout period before being disconnected from the server?

Every time I try to play multiplayer in a game that the map starts to get big, we can not continue the game because I can not finish downloading the map due to the timeout.

I already tried use: Hamachi , Evolve , Tungle , but nothing work , please help , I really want play multiplayer with my friends , thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Timeout Time in multiplayer

Post by Loewchen »

There is no general timeout for downloading the map, you get disconnected while downloading only if your client does not send the heartbeat anymore. Could it be that you mean the Catch up phase? Best post the client and server log.

Ludman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Timeout Time in multiplayer

Post by Ludman »

ok I will try explain better what happens when I tried connect to multiplayer in different cases:

1º Steam

First I try to use Steam option "join the match" to connect to my friend's game.

Appears the is not possible to connect to server

Check log Below:

2º Hamachi

So I Tried to use Hamachi to connect via LAN.

What Happens:
I Start download multiplayer map , but the second bar "Serve not response" reaches the maximum and even if the download is running without problems I'm disconnected.

Check log below:

We already tried:
- Turned off Firewall
- Change metrics of network adapter to 10 to give higher priority.
- Turn on DMZ option at router
- Open Port of Factorio
- ADD TCP and UDP port to factorio at firewall

We really want to play together, we buy the game for that purpose.
Should work normally by steam like all other multiplayer games. (We already played together others game like Dont Starve for example).

Thanks in advance for your support :)
Try Hamachi.rar
Hamachi
(30.05 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Try Steam.rar
Steam
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Return to “Technical Help”