Alternate Download for Experimental version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Onikoroshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Alternate Download for Experimental version

Post by Onikoroshi »

I downloaded Factorio from GoG, and I'm trying to update to 0.15. I can start the download from within Factorio itself, but my internet is super crappy, and eventually it stops downloading because of a timeout error. Is there anywhere else I can get the update, and how would I apply it at that point?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Alternate Download for Experimental version

Post by Koub »

Why not download the zip version from Factorio website at some place where you have good internet, and bring it back home on a USB stick ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Onikoroshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Onikoroshi »

Koub wrote:Why not download the zip version from Factorio website at some place where you have good internet, and bring it back home on a USB stick ?
Thanks for the reply! I did finally figure out how to unlock the experimental version in the GoG launcher, and that downloaded it fine. However, now we're supposed to be on 0.15.30 and I'm on 0.15.28, and the GoG launcher won't move it forward. I did finally find the download page, and am in the process of downloading the zip files. Any specific way to apply those to an already existing install? Thanks again!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The zip version is meant to be used as a portable version. Unzip anywhere, and enjoy. However, its saves folrer, mods folder, ... are contained in the Factorio Folder into which you unzip. If you want to use the saves, and modlist you already have without hassle, I advise you to use the installer, and to use it to overwrite your current install.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”