Game Crashes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
PattyCakes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Game Crashes

Post by PattyCakes »

I downloaded and played through the Demo without any problem. I then paid for, downloaded, and installed the full alpha version. The game loads properly, but when I go to start a new campaign on any map beyond the 3 demo maps I am greeted with the following message:

"Unknown entity gate (Maybe you loaded alpha save from demo)

Attempt to use different prototype to traverse save of already removed entity called "gate" failed. There is no other prototype of the same type (gate) to be used to load the entity."\

After I click "OK," the game promptly closes. I have tried to use every map and am only able to load the original 3 demo maps. Any assistance would be appreciated.

--Thank you,
----PattyCakes

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game Crashes

Post by posila »

Hi, what operating system do you use?
I remember there used to be some problem with game loading demo data on MacOSX, when both the full game and demo was installed. I don't know if we fixed it or not. But if that is your case, uninstalling the demo should fix it for you.

PattyCakes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PattyCakes »

I am currently running Windows 10. I deleted the demo before I downloaded the full version. Maybe I'll just delete everything and reinstall to be sure.

PattyCakes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PattyCakes »

I have deleted and reinstalled the game and am still unable to play. I still receive the same error message. Any suggestions? I enjoyed the demo, paid for the game, and am very excited to play it.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

In file manager type: %appdata%\Factorio

Upload factorio-current.log

PattyCakes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PattyCakes »

Alright, so I figured it out. After uninstalling the game I found that there was still a Factorio folder lurking in my Program Files. I deleted that and reinstalled and it now seems to work like a champ. Thank you for the responses.

Return to “Technical Help”