Ubuntu

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
chacham
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ubuntu

Post by chacham »

I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop and am trying to run factorio. It's loads just fine.

When i go to options/graphics, the settings are hard to read, and do not seem to change when i click on them. The slider bars do not seem to move either. Although, right now when trying, after clicking on things and trying to slide the bars, the Back button did not work. Killing the process and starting again shows the back button to work just fine.

The game has started in the past, but when i move, there is a lot of dragging of blocks (many part of the screen blur upon movement) and i have a difficult time reading the text.

A friend of mine loves this game, so i want to check it out. Please help me.

chacham
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Ubuntu

Post by chacham »

I seem to have missed the thread before. I have made all 4 changes from viewtopic.php?t=9300 and now settings works fine, with the alternate look of blocky buttons.

It plays now, but seems rather slow. (Maybe my laptop can't handle the game?) The graphics seem to "jump," and when the map moves, it leaves black on all the sides.

What are the absolute lowest settings for the game? Does someone have a config.ini file with the lowest setting already chosen?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Concerning your hardware that might be in sufficient, if you added a logfine in your post, we could tell you the likeliness of you being able to find a setting that is OK ok your laptop.
However, if you're far below the recommanded hardware, there is little chance we can help you at all.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

chacham
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chacham »

Thank you for replying.

What are the minimum requirements? Hmm....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 560 @ 2.67GHz
MemTotal: 3839516 kB

If it makes sense that this system can handle the game, how do i attach that logfile?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

chacham wrote:how do i attach that logfile?
Post reply -> upload attachment on bottom left of text field, see my signature on where to find the log.

chacham
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by chacham »

Thank you.

Is this the right logfile to attach?
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

chacham
Burner Inserter