[A 0.15.16] Terrible Multiplayer FPS for no apparent reason?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GenBOOM
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[A 0.15.16] Terrible Multiplayer FPS for no apparent reason?

Post by GenBOOM »

So I've tried everything I can think of and this is always the result on servers that have a lot going on
Multiplayer lowest settings zoomed in with and without vsync fullscreen or not doesnt matter the result is the same
Interesting thing I noticed looking at this is that the fps from steam does not match the in game fps counter at all, though this may just be because steams fps only updates 1/s?
Single player max settings zoomed out with fast vsync
Need any other info let me know.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(964.51 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
testing fps.zip
this is the world save
(38.19 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
DxDiag.txt
(42.76 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

GenBOOM
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [A 0.15.16] Terrible Multiplayer FPS for no apparent reason?

Post by GenBOOM »

Interesting screenshot I managed to capture, first time seeing this
although this may be the result of me trying to troubleshoot this problem. I deleted the "blueprint-storage.dat" in the "%appdata%/Factorio" folder but replaced it again before getting this screenshot
the idea I had was to somehow clear the cache of my blueprints so that I do not have the window pop up due to it remember the last time I was on the server I had it open. having hte window open means I am pre-rendered into the game at 6fps and inputs do not go through properly so it becomes impossible to get out of the blueprint window. additionally when pressing B to close the blueprint window, if you are lagging the game seems to duplicate this command and send press B down the nB up then B down again, so the window continually flashes open and closed. if the time it is closed is great enough your fps will increase and the commands will be receive properly again, only sending B down B up once and getting you out of this never ending loop of frustration.
duplicated blueprints

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [A 0.15.16] Terrible Multiplayer FPS for no apparent reason?

Post by Distelzombie »

Why two threads?
Distelzombie wrote:I guess you've lowered the graphics detail already so I just suggest you to remove all biter and see where thats going. :)

Also maybe try to completely ditch all belts forever and use bots instead. Should give huge bonus in big bases.
Now you get duplicate answers. :twisted:
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Return to “Technical Help”