Enemies no longer spawn past midgame

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Tylan4life
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Enemies no longer spawn past midgame

Post by Tylan4life »

I have RSO installed and was using rampant AI until this happened. latest version.

After I destroyed dozens of spawner nests because manifest destiny, enemies outside my walls stopped spawning. I was able to walk around a nest (after shooting the worms) and just nothing.

I turned off rampant AI, turned it back on to test. I explored past my walls and found medium and small enemies at the edges of the explored chunks, from earlier in the game.
This made me think there was a unit cap i'm unaware of, so i used /c game.forces.enemy.kill_all_units(), which caused around 1/3 of the nests in my radar vision to start spawning enemies, but not even the nests in pollution was spawning consistently.
Attachments
Freeplay.zip
save game
(16.22 MiB) Downloaded 43 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Enemies no longer spawn past midgame

Post by Koub »

What versions of Factorio were you playing when it happened ? there has been a bug in spawning biters that has occured like 2-3 minor versions ago, and was just corrected with 0.15.15 and 0.15.16. (Spawners absorbed pollution, but "forgot" to spawn the corresponding units.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Enemies no longer spawn past midgame

Post by darkfrei »

You can reset empty chunks with this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/darkfrei ... mptyChunks

When the game generate it again, it will be the newest version of game.

Return to “Technical Help”