Profile Save Files

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Profile Save Files

Post by AlienX »

Hi,
I've seen some devs say that they are able to profile a save to see what the usage of certain things are, like belts and factories.
Is this something the public can do, or is it an internal-only debug tool?

Just feel it would help in some cases for my ever-growing map.

Thanks

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Profile Save Files

Post by Rseding91 »

It's Visual Studio and only works when you have the full source code available on your computer. It's something that can only be done by us.

Also you don't need a profiler to tell you what's taking the tick time in a save file. If the thing exists in the world and is doing something then it's most likely taking time. The only exceptions are solar panels.

There's no one thing that takes a massive amount more time than the rest simply building large amounts of anything eventually causes it to hit the limit.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Profile Save Files

Post by AlienX »

Ah right okay, that makes sense - Thanks.

I guess my best bet is to increase the servers CPU performance by upgrading it to a CPU that works well under single thread performance?

I didn't really want to have to fork out more cash to get this game to run correctly when a big base is built, but needs must!

Return to “Technical Help”