UPS Random Drops

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
completemuppit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

UPS Random Drops

Post by completemuppit »

Running a smallish (IMO) factory in 0.15.12 (steam).

Factory will be chugging along at 60UPS and then drop down to 30 for no apparent reason. Occasionally it will pick back up to 60 but then usually drop back down. It's really random. Just played for 15mins at 60 but it's now dropped down to 30 for no apparent reason. Have attached screenshots of both speeds.

Running a Core i7-6700, 20Gb RAM, GTX980, SSD. None of the processor cores are anywhere near maxed out. Factorio is consuming <600Mb RAM and the entire system is only using 9Gb of RAM.

Any ideas where to start trying to troubleshoot?
60UPS
60UPS
60UPS.png (10.71 MiB) Viewed 1574 times
30UPS
30UPS
30UPS.png (15.02 MiB) Viewed 1574 times

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: UPS Random Drops

Post by Smarty »

Could you please proivde the log?

completemuppit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by completemuppit »

Attached
factorio-current.log
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Ubertwink
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ubertwink »

Your UPS is still at 60, only FPS is at 30. Looks like a problem with vsync. Try disabling it.

completemuppit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by completemuppit »

vsync is disabled but in the second screenshot you'll see that the UPS is only 30.6. FPS is 30 because I'm playing on a monitor that only has a 30Hz refresh rate. I'm assuming the game (or video card) is not bothering to render any faster than that.

Regardless, current behaviour is that every time an autosave happens (currently every 2mins) the UPS drops down to 30. If I hit F5 to bring up the debug menu UPS immediately goes back to 60UPS. This will continue until the next Autosave when it drops back down.. This has just stopped happening. Now autosave does not affect UPS... gah!

Don't recall it doing this the other night and but the only setting I've changed is to disable Vsync. Really scratching my head.

Return to “Technical Help”