Cannot connect to multiplayer server (log attached)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
anstosa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot connect to multiplayer server (log attached)

Post by anstosa »

I just played a multiplayer game last week and it worked perfectly (I was hosting the game, forwarded the port, everyone could connect). Then today people couldn't connect to me (when they tried it instantly said "X is being dropped from the game" for a while and then dropped them). They eventually gave up and someone else hosted. Everyone else was able to connect to the new host but I wasn't. It would say can't connect to server and on their end it would look the same as before "X is being dropped from the game". It must have something to do with my network because if I tether on my phone I'm able to connect to the server but I can't over my home connection. So it's definitely nothing on my computer. I tried rebooting the modem, turning off the firewall, double checking port forwarding (though that shouldn't be an issue for the client). I have no idea what it could be.

Log attached

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(233.58 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Cannot connect to multiplayer server (log attached)

Post by Shokubai »

I am no expert in these logs but i keep seeing "Outside Latency Window" over and over. Whats your Ping to the target PC (IP)?
UnparsedNetworkMessage.cpp:87: Invalid packet (type ServerToClientHeartbeat) received from 98.232.28.199:34197: heartbeat sequence number (73845) outside latency window [73244, 73844)

anstosa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by anstosa »

Yeah the connection times out but I think it's due to the connection being blocked somehow. It connects instantly to the server but it just can't seem to send anything except the initial connection notification notification. Ping is basically instant. ~4ms

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

anstosa wrote:Yeah the connection times out but I think it's due to the connection being blocked somehow. It connects instantly to the server but it just can't seem to send anything except the initial connection notification notification. Ping is basically instant. ~4ms
Try killing your firewall/antivirus on your PC and putting your router in DMZ mode and try it.

Return to “Technical Help”