Sync save between 2 computer => huge time download !!!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
crym0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Sync save between 2 computer => huge time download !!!

Post by crym0 »

Hello,

I play to factorio on 2 computers (on from home), another one from wor... from another place :)

If I play to the game on home computer day 1 and want to play the day 2 but from another place computer I have a downloading state that start when I launch Factorio (see attached document).

It's will be not a problem if this step doesn't take more that 30 min each time I want to start factorio...

To finish on the error : "Steam couldn't sync your data, blablabla..."

So my question : Why it's take to much time ?? (I have fiber connection on each place I play, I try 4G => same !) is it possible to know if factorio server where I have my data is working good ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Crym0
Attachments
13-34-05-Steam.jpg
13-34-05-Steam.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 3474 times

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Sync save between 2 computer => huge time download !!!

Post by Shokubai »

Download the zip from Factorio.com and use Google drive/dropbox synced save folder. ...Or play it from a thumb drive.

This has been a tip from a guy who most definitely does not play games at work.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

crym0 wrote:So my question : Why it's take to much time ?? (I have fiber connection on each place I play, I try 4G => same !) is it possible to know if factorio server where I have my data is working good ?
I have no idea, this is entirely done by Steam.

lexx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lexx »

more then likely the file is to big so it never sync

as i dont use steam for factorio i dont know how much space steam sync is set on factorio (half life 2 its 100MB but Left for Dead 2 is 1,000 MB)

right click on factorio in steam and click Properties and Updates, at the bottom it say Steam Cloud, if it's only 100MB you may have problems with syncing due to saves and the Auto saves been lager then 100MB

locating the save folder and keeping a copy on google drive or dropbox if you have the space

or easier download the Zip version (Not sure if you can download the zip if you got it from steam) and unpack it into google Drive as its 15GB in size so plenty for syncing and launch the game from there

Return to “Technical Help”