[14.23] Unable to load saves

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

[14.23] Unable to load saves

Post by Voidedfactory »

I have seen this particular pop-up happen once before, on an earlier run of this particular save (as I'm trying to get as many of the achievements as I can on this run before I try to switch to v.15), which I was able to rectify by going to a previous autosave and working from there. However, this time it happened mid-game and I'm worried it's taken out both my autosaves and the one save file I'm using.

On trying to load autosave2 and 3 (the only ones that have done this so far), it gets to about 44%, then gives me an error message and a link to the Factorio_Current.log and asks if I want to copy it before closing Factorio regardless of what option I take.

When I tried to load autosave 1, though, I get this message after it goes about 44-50%:
Internal error: Unknown tile 100
picture of the internal error

As I'm typing this and trying to load the autosaves, it seems to switch between that internal error notice and the notice about the log; the internal error one doesn't close the game, though.

Loading the actual save file itself worked, thank goodness, but I'm really fearful of the day that even that won't work at all.

Booting up a save made at the very start of this save's campaign to use for the three achievements that require you to not use solar, laser turrets or logistics opens up just fine, so it is a problem with my laptop not being able to handle all the stuff I have in the game now?

[hr]

As a slight side issue that I may ask about in a completely separate topic to keep the thread focused on the issue above, at least since I started this save file about 4-5 months ago, I've had problems with the game remembering even basic changes to the default settings. I still get the tips pop-up at the start of any game even if I ticked it to never show up again the last time I had the game open, and the autosaves always start at 2 mins. despite putting it at 10. It's more of an annoyance rather than an urgent problem as it doesn't seem to have messed anything up by itself, though.

Voidedfactory
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [14.23] Unable to load saves

Post by Voidedfactory »

As an update (albeit 2 months later), I haven't had the internal error message come up again. However, I have had it stop working mid-autosave and ask me to save the error logs to the clipboard multiple times. Sometimes it takes only two autosaves, and sometimes I can go as far as ten or twenty before it effectively crashes on me.

Is there any way I can stop it from doing this before I update to V.15? It doesn't need to be a permanent solution (especially if post-.15 updates or just being up-to-date will address the issue), just one that will work for long enough.

Also, that sidenote I mentioned is more troublesome than I thought, as I believe the same mechanism that's keeping it from recording my options is also preventing the game from saving achievements. And if I can't fix that then the entire reason I'm holding off becomes absolutely pointless, and I'm already at an endgame state for this particular file. I really don't want to leave it unbeaten because the game is soft-forcing me to update just to make sure everything runs and saves correctly, and I'm very afraid that even if I do beat the game it won't recognize the achievements, so any help in fixing either of these problems would be great.

Return to “Technical Help”