[0.15.6] Unable to join friends only multiplayer server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mrkatananinja
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.6] Unable to join friends only multiplayer server

Post by mrkatananinja »

For 16+ hours of gameplay we did not run into any issues with connecting (Minus Factorissimo2 desync problems) Until today.

Today we got the error (only on my end) that mod startup settings were different. Not a big deal, lets just hit sync settings and oh... factorio crashes.
No worries, lets all of us hit reset on all of our settings and try to get on... same thing.
OH I KNOW! lets disable all of our mods and see that, well it kinda worked. So I was able to join other peoples base 0.15.5 servers, and even my friends without mods (different world of course).
Ok so lets try installing mods, nope doesn't work.

In total, I uninstalled Factorio 5 times on 2 different PC's
Uninstalled and reinstalled all of my mods multiple times,
waited till 15.6 came out and its still not working.

I'm currently running 0.15.x (.15.6 version) Base mod of Factorio with the mods:
Afraid of the dark v1.0.16
Air Filtering v0.5.0
Auto Deconstruct v0.1.8
Bottleneck v0.6.3
clock v0.15.0
EfficienSee v1.0.52
Electric Furnaces v2.2.1
Factorissimo2 v2.1.3
Flow control v3.0.1
Hacked Splitters v1.1.0
Long Reach v 0.0.8
Rail Tanker v1.4.1
Resource Spawner Overhaul v3.1.2
Squeak Through v1.1.7
Tree Collision v0.4.1
Warehousing Mod v0.0.12
Water well v1.0.17

As a reminder *I AM THE ONLY ONE GETTING THIS BUG* None of my friends are having the problem

I launch the game, go play>multiplayer>browse public games> search my friends name> join game> and it comes up with "Mod Settings Mismatch"

I hit yes, and it crashes my game.

This is an endless thing I've been trying to solve for 4 and a half fucking hours as of writing this post.

We've tried versions 0.15.4 - 0.15.6, reseting all settings on everyone's end and reinstalling mods on everyones end, and mine is the only one having the problem.
For the record, I have the same problem across different computers on the same network, so its not a specific PC problem. I am happy to give any additional feedback I can.

Thanks for your time
-MrKatanaNinja

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.6] Unable to join friends only multiplayer server

Post by Soul »

So I also started experiencing this error. To solve it renamed my local mods folder (mods-broken lol) and used SFTP to grab the live mods folder from my headless server, and that let me reconnect again. No mods were enabled locally that were not on the server, but I did have more mods than the server did. Using WinMerge I also checked both directories and EVERY mod that was on the server was identical to the local copy. The only file different on both ends was mod-list.json I'm guessing Factorio didn't like that the mods were listed in a different order or something? At least that's what the error sounded like to me (129.022 Error ModSettings.cpp:208: Settings orders don't match.). Spent about 1.5 hours trying to figure this out. Was really frustrating because I had just played for hours with no issues.

Local modlist is the one I had on my local PC, remote is the one on the live server. Server was running without issue and I can now reconnect with no problems (after redownloading the folder from the server). Probably only needed mod-list.json, but wanted to be sure the files were identical. Also deleted mod-settings.json at some point in %appdata%/factorio while debugging but that was identical between client and server and I still had that issue, so just adding this because it was a step I took.

Basically how this whole thing started was I was keeping local copies of AAI, Bob's, and Angel's mods up-to-date as the 0.15.X versions were released, and then I would toggle the mods off so that I could still join our server. (But because I had them installed whenever I hit the update check button in-game it would keep all of my mods up to date). I had just done a mass install of ~10 or so mods and then toggled them all off when this error started happening. We hadn't added them to the server yet because they're still being updated. So by trying to be proactive I guess I broke the mod startup settings comparison check.

Edit: Because I was keeping more mods locally, I stopped uploading the mod-list.json to the server and left it up to the factorio headless server to modify the file on the server as needed. This is part of what led to the orders being different.

Edit2: The really annoying part is that the dialog comes up and asks (yes or no) if you want to sync with the server. If you hit no nothing happens and you are simply not allowed to connect to the server. Hitting yes crashes Factorio immediately.
Tail factorio-current.log
Full factorio-current.log
Local mod-list.json
Remote mod-list.json

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Same problem for me and a friend in 0.15.9 with only 2 mods loaded;

Error on Linux:
106.126 Info UDPSocket.cpp:33: Opening socket
106.127 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:539: MapTick(-1) changing state from(Ready) to(Connecting)
106.827 Connection refused
106.829 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:177: Quitting multiplayer connection.
106.829 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:539: MapTick(-1) changing state from(Connecting) to(Disconnected)
106.915 Info UDPSocket.cpp:234: Socket closed
112.596 Warning Logger.cpp:386: Symbols.size() == 11, usedSize == 8
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
113.282 Warning Logger.cpp:386: Symbols.size() == 10, usedSize == 7
#0 0x0000000000ccf208 in cloneFrom at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/Data/ModSettings/ModSettings.cpp:208
#1 0x0000000000e315d3 in applyServerSettings at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/Data/ModSettings/GlobalModSettings.cpp:138
#2 0x0000000000e32c6f in process at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/AppManagerStates.cpp:1704
#3 0x0000000000e36fc3 in AppManager::process() at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/AppManager.cpp:202
#4 0x0000000000ea5fd6 in MainLoop::prePrepare() at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/MainLoop.cpp:304
#5 0x00007fecfa8f63f1 in mainLoopStep at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/MainLoop.cpp:379
#6 0x000000000040aae9 in run at /tmp/factorio-pQPxC1/src/MainLoop.cpp:227
113.282 Error ModSettings.cpp:208: Settings orders don't match.
Logger::writeStacktrace skipped.
113.282 Error Util.cpp:76: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.

------------- Error -------------
Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.

Log file location: /home/folk/Programs/factorio/factorio-current.log

Would you like to copy the path to the clipboard?
---------------------------------
113.286 Error CrashHandler.cpp:232: Received SIGSEGV
113.286 Error Util.cpp:76: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Error on Windows:
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\libraries\stackwalker\stackwalker.cpp (923): StackWalker::ShowCallstack
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\util\logger.cpp (354): Logger::writeStacktrace
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\util\logger.cpp (408): Logger::logStacktrace
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\data\modsettings\modsettings.cpp (208): ModSettingsTemplate<1>::cloneFrom
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\data\modsettings\globalmodsettings.cpp (140): GlobalModSettingsHelper::applyServerSettings
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\appmanagerstates.cpp (1705): InModStartupSettingsMismatchBox::process
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\appmanager.cpp (202): AppManager::process
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\mainloop.cpp (304): MainLoop::prePrepare
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\mainloop.cpp (379): MainLoop::mainLoopStep
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\mainloop.cpp (227): MainLoop::run
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-7hkkf2\src\main.cpp (902): wmain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl (253): __scrt_common_main_seh
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFCB6BC8364)
00007FFCB6BC8364 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFCB82270D1)
00007FFCB82270D1 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
30.033 Error ModSettings.cpp:208: Settings orders don't match.
30.033 Error Util.cpp:76: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.

Soul
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Soul »

folk wrote:Same problem for me and a friend in 0.15.9 with only 2 mods loaded;
Did you try making sure you both had the exact same mod-list.json?

Return to “Technical Help”