Error "couldnt reach the auth server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Evilrais
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error "couldnt reach the auth server

Post by Evilrais »

I have been trying since the launch of 0.15 to be able to play a multi-player map of any type with friends. When I go to multi-player and select new game it asks me to set up the server hosting stuff then takes me to the log in screen. I type In the correct login information (Factorio website verified) and press enter and get the error "couldn't reach the author server". I have tried a ton of things to fix this problem with no luck. I have reinstalled the entire game, I have verified the game files through steam, I have uninstalled all mods, I have tried using an old multi-player map from 0.14 that worked at one time. I have checked the ports for Factorio on my router, windows firewall, and avg ultimate all have it forwarded and allow full access. And still nothing. I get the same problem when opening the server browser to try and join someone else. I don't know what else to do.

I'm mostly frustrated with this because I have not only bought a copy of the game for myself I have bought one for a friend so we could play multi-player. And we can't!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and so welcome you have no idea.

im_bad_co
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Error "couldnt reach the auth server

Post by im_bad_co »

having the same issue today. friend bought the game for me today and i made a login on the website. but when i try to login on the game i get a message cant reach the auth server.

Evilrais
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Error "couldnt reach the auth server

Post by Evilrais »

Well i don't know what happened i have been going crazy for days now and i get home from work and everything is fine. Load up a multiplayer level like nothing .

Return to “Technical Help”