All versions - Game stutters every second [FIXED]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Rytchet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

All versions - Game stutters every second [FIXED]

Post by Rytchet »

After a long break from playing the game I installed it again and unfortunately I get constant microstutter. It happens on all versions of the game I tested - latest 0.14, 0.15.0, 0.15.3 and even on older versions like 0.12.35.
Roughly every second game freezes for a short moment. It's most noticeable when moving horizontally because I can clearly see that buildings and belts do not move smoothly, but even when I'm standing still I can notice the belts stopping every second. I tried turning V-sync on and off, change the number of cores and memory the game is using to all, high, low, run the game in window and in fullscreen, change every setting to low - it happens every single time on all the maps I've tried, on existing mid-size factories and on brand new maps.
Here's a pic of the F5 menu on one of the maps:

My specs are:
GPU - Radeon R9 380
CPU - i5 4460
RAM - 8gb DDR3
Game is installed on a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD, i have over 50GB of free space on it. Never experienced that kind of stutter in other games.
My GPU drivers are updated and task manager doesn't show high usage when I have the game open.

Thanks for any help I can get :)

EDIT - Found the cause, it was f.lux running in the background. Turning "safe mode" on made the stuttering disappear.

Return to “Technical Help”