[0.15.3] Couldn't establish network communication with serve

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Snowman909
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.3] Couldn't establish network communication with serve

Post by Snowman909 »

Hi all,

A friend of mine has set up a dedicated server through a server provider for a group of us to play on, but I am having trouble connecting to it. Other people are able to connect just fine, but whenever I try I receive the error message "Couldn't establish network communication with server"
I have tried connecting to some public games, and they seem to work just fine, so I really can't figure out what is stopping me connecting to this one.

RedStoner_Pro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.3] Couldn't establish network communication with serve

Post by RedStoner_Pro »

We seem to be experiencing the same thing. I am hosting a dedicated server, and 4 of us are able to connect with no issues, but 2 are unable to connect. I have gone through with the people unable to connect and had them try various things. We checked firewall, port, anti-virus, and re-install. I have checked on the server's end through resource monitor, and I can see their IP coming through, however, there is 0 information in the factorio console. Their packets are reaching the server box, but are not being passed seen properly by factorio. Anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.3] Couldn't establish network communication with serve

Post by hitzu »

I also have this issue with my brother and only with him since 0.13. We tried to open ports, shut up antiviruses and firewalls and nothing. We could play via LAN but this is not a solution since we don't live together. I asked for help several times but devs are silent and nobody else could give a working advice.

Return to “Technical Help”