Updates are Being Pushed Out at Different Times

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
elliott954
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Updates are Being Pushed Out at Different Times

Post by elliott954 »

Hey Guys,

I didn't really know where to put this, so I'm going to put in technical support.

From whats actually happening, steam and the Factorio website are being updated with the new beta releases at around the same time. However for some reason GoG is lagging quite behind by quite a few hours. At the moment I can't play Factorio with my mate as he is using steam and Im using GoG, so where having a bit of an issue.

I wonder if anyone can tell me why this is the case? Does GoG have extra steps for getting updates pushed through at all and should this addressed to GoG or a factorio's team?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Updates are Being Pushed Out at Different Times

Post by Klonan »

elliott954 wrote:Hey Guys,

I didn't really know where to put this, so I'm going to put in technical support.

From whats actually happening, steam and the Factorio website are being updated with the new beta releases at around the same time. However for some reason GoG is lagging quite behind by quite a few hours. At the moment I can't play Factorio with my mate as he is using steam and Im using GoG, so where having a bit of an issue.

I wonder if anyone can tell me why this is the case? Does GoG have extra steps for getting updates pushed through at all and should this addressed to GoG or a factorio's team?
The updates to our website and steam are done automatically when our deploy script runs, and the build is uploaded to GoG at exactly the same time.

However GoG deploys all the updates manually in their own time, as in, we have not much control over how quickly they will make the latest beta available

You can redeem an upgrade code from GOG, which will allow you to upgrade your account,
That this image shows: http://i.imgur.com/sKIkyL8.png
https://www.factorio.com/settings

So you can download directly from our website

elliott954
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Updates are Being Pushed Out at Different Times

Post by elliott954 »

Klonan mate,

While I mightn't enjoy the game as much as most other people on here, that is some brilliant customer service.

Keep up the good work

Return to “Technical Help”