Where are the mods stored on MacOS? 0.15.2+

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kakapojoe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Where are the mods stored on MacOS? 0.15.2+

Post by kakapojoe »

Up until version 0.15.1 I was able to drop mods into the ~/Application Support/factorio/mods/ directory, but after that they seem to be stored and managed in some other way.

I can still manage mods through the in game GUI, but I would like to know where they are on my system. I have tried doing all kinds of spotlight searches based on filename, create date and modification date and the latest versions of the mods seem to be non-existent.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Where are the mods stored on MacOS? 0.15.2+

Post by Loewchen »

I am not aware of any changes in that regard, but I do not use a mac, the mods folder should be in the location described in the link in my signature.

kakapojoe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Where are the mods stored on MacOS? 0.15.2+

Post by kakapojoe »

Thanks for the response! As these things usually go, as soon as I ask the question, I find the answer. And, as usual, problem exists between keyboard and chair.

I must have had a slip of the mouse and copied a large portion of my Library folder outside, so I was looking at the copy while pulling my hair out. It would also appear that spotlight doesn't look inside /Library/

Return to “Technical Help”