0.15 Small interrupts during game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DutchBully
Inserter
Inserter

0.15 Small interrupts during game

Post by DutchBully »

Hi, just an FYI....It appears to me that there are a lot of interrupts/minifreezes/microlag, they don't last any longer than a millisecond, but enough to be notable and prevent smooth game play.

If devs need more input, please send me a PM

DutchBully
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 0.15 Small interrupts during game

Post by DutchBully »

Updated vid drivers, rebooted machine, problem still here... every 5 seconds it gives a mini lag spike.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Read FAQ, add info.

DutchBully
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DutchBully »

Yeah, I did, small lag spikes relate to MP player games, this is a 0.15 single player ... 0.14 worked like a charm, so I just post this as 0.15 obviously changed something in SP mode... what more info you want?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

DutchBully wrote:what more info you want?
The log file, please.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

The info requested in the Performance issue section in the FAQ you obviously did not read...

DutchBully
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DutchBully »

Loewchen wrote:
The info requested in the Performance issue section in the FAQ you obviously did not read...
Since this is becoming an arguement about the FAQ instead of constructive help, please close this topic... I'll go play some other game and wont participate in bringing up issues occurring to the 0.15 patch... on a side note, i really dont like you saying that im talking out of my ass, as your latest reply suggests, as there is nothing in that section that relays to this minor issue... and running on one core (in 2017) was never an issue before... take care, please delete this thread

Phantom329
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Phantom329 »

One core? Is your system super old? Support for 32 bit systems has been discontinued in this update so try checking to make sure you have 64 bit.

DutchBully
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DutchBully »

As stated in the performance FAQ:

A: 1. Factorio is a quite CPU demanding game when building big factories and the current release (0.14) only utilizes a single core (with a few minor exemptions). This means that even on modern processors the game can reach a point when the factory can no longer be simulated at full speed (60 UPS (updates per second)), in a singleplayer game this means that the game will simply run slower.

In regards to the logs...

log (in MP corresponding logs of server and client) after a session with the issue
save-file
the .ziped mod folder (when using mods)
screenshot with show_time_used_percent, show_fps and show_multiyplayer_statistics activated in the debug settings (F4 -> F5) (no additional debug settings may be activated!)

Its not an MP game, its SP....
there is no save file, as this already occurs from the second a new game starts
no mods available atm so N/A
screen with MP... its SP

It all good, just please close this thread asap

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hi, check out your page faults. I am getting the same issue. At the moment of the pause happens (every 4-5 seconds), the page faults (PF) delta hits about 263k.
And before anyone asks, I have 6gb of ram and Factorio is only using 2.2gb of it when on a new map.
It goes away if I go back to the standard resolution graphics.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

If you believe this is a bug, post the information I requested in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44748&p=258659#p258659

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

BenSeidel wrote:Hi, check out your page faults. I am getting the same issue. At the moment of the pause happens (every 4-5 seconds), the page faults (PF) delta hits about 263k.
And before anyone asks, I have 6gb of ram and Factorio is only using 2.2gb of it when on a new map.
To follow up on that:
With .14 and older, i sometimes used the Waitex mod. All this did was to upscale the textures to create a high-res-like look.
When using Waitex, i sometimes had the micro-stutters as described in this thread (FPS counter showed a drop to ~58 but the pause was clearly there).
With the new vanilla HD-Textures enabled, i also get similar stutters at times.
Restarting Factorio does not "fix" this all the time, however i also had one playsession today where i didnt encounter any stutters in a few hours of play.

If i encounter this problem in the future, i´ll make some screens.

FYI: I run Factorio on Win7 x64, CPU: i5 3570K @ 3.40 GHz, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ 3GB VRAM.
Apart from these stutters, i can achieve constant 60/60.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

searker wrote:
BenSeidel wrote:Hi, check out your page faults. I am getting the same issue. At the moment of the pause happens (every 4-5 seconds), the page faults (PF) delta hits about 263k.
To follow up on that:
With .14 and older, i sometimes used the Waitex mod. All this did was to upscale the textures to create a high-res-like look.
When using Waitex, i sometimes had the micro-stutters as described in this thread (FPS counter showed a drop to ~58 but the pause was clearly there).
With the new vanilla HD-Textures enabled, i also get similar stutters at times.
Restarting Factorio does not "fix" this all the time, however i also had one playsession today where i didnt encounter any stutters in a few hours of play.

If i encounter this problem in the future, i´ll make some screens.

FYI: I run Factorio on Win7 x64, CPU: i5 3570K @ 3.40 GHz, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 w/ 3GB VRAM.
Apart from these stutters, i can achieve constant 60/60.
Do you have anything else running at the same time?
It might be that part of your GPU memory is taken and textures need to be streamed from memory. And even browser window can use video memory when it's hardware accelerated (most are currently). You can use GPU-Z to check your VRAM status.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

Nope, i do not - Or rather nothing that wasnt running before the stutters occured. As a matter of fact, my Chrome is currently running without HW-Acceleration because i had some issues watching Netflix a few days back.

After mentioned playtime of a few hours without problems i did just restart Factorio (meant to go to bed, but wasnt 4am yet :roll: ) and noticed the stutters.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Try setting video memory usage to low. This should especially help on video cards with non-dedicated video ram.

Return to “Technical Help”