[14.22] Crash with: "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kynelongtail
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[14.22] Crash with: "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

Post by kynelongtail »

Recently I've run into an issue where factorio will no longer load up for me. I'm running windows 7 and when i try to start factorio the icon and window blinks up then gone several times before giving me a dialog box that reads "Failed to load window icon! Loading from (path)/graphics/factorio-icon.png" When i go to check, the file is there and it opens perfectly fine in my other image loading programs. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling factorio, and trying both my steam and standalone instances, but it fails every time. This coming off of just a few days ago working perfectly fine. any ideas as to what this may be?

crash log

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can not load window icon

Post by Loewchen »

I have seen a similar error before, in that case, graphic adapters of different manufactures where present and the wrong driver had been loaded.

kynelongtail
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kynelongtail »

any idea on how to fix that particular problem?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

kynelongtail wrote:any idea on how to fix that particular problem?
What computer are you using? What graphic adapters does it have? What drivers (exact versions) have you installed for those?
Post your dxdiag file.

kynelongtail
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kynelongtail »

alright, here it is,
DxDiag.txt
(41.3 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Thing is i only have one graphics card installed.

(EDIT)

Ahh, i've solved my problem, did a clean uninstall/reinstall of my graphics driver and that fixed things up for me. Thanks for pointing me to the source of the issue!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

kynelongtail wrote: Ahh, i've solved my problem, did a clean uninstall/reinstall of my graphics driver and that fixed things up for me. Thanks for pointing me to the source of the issue!
Ha that would have been my next suggestion ;)

Return to “Technical Help”