screenshots

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
RazorHed
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

screenshots

Post by RazorHed »

How do you take a screenshot?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: screenshots

Post by drs9999 »

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Whoa. I didn't register that till now. :shock:

Moved to technical help.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Blackence
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blackence »

Use the Print key on your keyboard. Should be somewhere in the top right corner.

Depending on your operating system (I'm not sure about windows 8, but I'm sure this is true for windows 7) this creates a temporary copy of your screen, which is copied into your clipboard. Then just use ALT+TAB to switch to your dekstop and open some image manipulation program (like Microsoft Paint, Paint.NET, The GIMP or whatever tool you want to use) and use control+v or the "paste" command so you can see your screenshot. Then just file->save as (it's best to use the PNG file format, not GIF, BMP or even JPEG).

If you're not using windows 7 it may be easier. Like I said, not sure about windows 8. In Ubuntu a dialog pops up when I press the "Print" key, asking me where I want the screenshot to be saved.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

:roll: I never thought about, that this question could be understood in such a basic manner. Sorry, sometimes I'm too deep in this stuff.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Blackence wrote:Use the Print key on your keyboard. Should be somewhere in the top right corner.

Depending on your operating system (I'm not sure about windows 8, but I'm sure this is true for windows 7) this creates a temporary copy of your screen, which is copied into your clipboard. Then just use ALT+TAB to switch to your dekstop and open some image manipulation program (like Microsoft Paint, Paint.NET, The GIMP or whatever tool you want to use) and use control+v or the "paste" command so you can see your screenshot. Then just file->save as (it's best to use the PNG file format, not GIF, BMP or even JPEG).

If you're not using windows 7 it may be easier. Like I said, not sure about windows 8. In Ubuntu a dialog pops up when I press the "Print" key, asking me where I want the screenshot to be saved.
On Windows 8 you can either do the above or press windows key + print. The latter saves a .png file to C:\Users\<username>\Pictures

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Return to “Technical Help”