Won't update to 0.10?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Won't update to 0.10?

Post by Xterminator »

So I updated the game from 0.98 on my office computer yesterday and it worked fine. I tried updating my laptop to 0.10 at home, and it gets about 3/4 of the way through and then gives me this error: http://imgur.com/h8qB4QE

Maybe it is because I have saved games and that is messing it up, or something else? I honestly have no idea what's wrong, but I have tried like 4 times and it happens every time. Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Image Image Image

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Won't update to 0.10?

Post by sillyfly »

SSL/TLS makes me think it's a connection problem. I don't think the saved games are to blame (I have those as well, but no problem updating).
Do you have any firewall enabled? (Either on your computer or a home router etc... ) Could be messing the connection somehow, I guess...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Yeah 0.10 fixes some firewall issues but unfortunately you have to install it first. :p Have you tried getting the update directly from the website?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Thanks for the replies. I did try disabling my computer firewall which didn't help. I assumed it was not a firewall on my router sense the game downloaded previous updates fine.
Yeah I did end up having to just get the zip file from the website and replace all my data with the stuff from the zip. That seemed to work fine and I'm running 0.10 now. But if it does this for all future updates, it will be a huge pain... :/
Image Image Image

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Did this happen just once, or is is there every thime? The message looks like the connection to the server was lost during the download.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

This is the first time it has happened. Perhaps it is something with my router, but updates before this one downloaded just fine...
Image Image Image

Return to “Technical Help”