[0.10.0] OSX Crash on Startup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mr.DumbButt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.0] OSX Crash on Startup

Post by Mr.DumbButt »

I've tried redownloading every different version of Factorio but the same thing happens when I start it. It loads about 5% then crashes. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.3. Please help! This is a crash report from the latest version downloaded from the website.
Crash Report

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] OSX Crash on Startup

Post by muzzy »

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6630M, AMD Radeon HD 6630M, PCIe, 256 MB

... that's a little low. anyway, to have any chance of running the game, you need to enable low graphics mode manually by editing the config.ini

Mr.DumbButt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr.DumbButt »

The game used to run fine. I have a mac mini and one day it just stopped opening.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Try restarting and launch the game before starting any other apps? 256M VRAM is very tight for the current version of Factorio, so many things can go wrong and even having youtube open in a browser might be the reason it's not lauching...

Mr.DumbButt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr.DumbButt »

Thanks for the help but closing everything didn't seem to have an effect. Game still wont start. Also I can not find config.ini anywhere. Is the config folder in factorio supposed to be empty? because it was when i downloaded it.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Hi,

sorry for the issues. Seems like standard graphics problem on OSX. Try https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =41&t=3077. If the config.ini doesn't exist you can create one and write there:

Code: Select all

[graphics]
low-graphics=true
P.S. Moved to Help section.

Return to “Technical Help”