low fps

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
michaelcdf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

low fps

Post by michaelcdf »

Hello,

I have a fps problem
I have very slo FPS
I have a good computer 8 core 16g ram ssd and amd hd7900 and an intergrated video card with windows 7 64 bits and run all game in highest graphic settings and have no problem.

When I don t have Chrome open the game run at 60 fps, with crhome open on plex (video streaming ) i get 15 fps, with all other game I run without problem with plex on.

Doesn t matter if full screen or not, with low or high graphics, with 8 core selected and by increasing priority for factorio in task manager and low fps true.

i am playing with the 64 bit not installer version.
I have seen this in a faq

Broken graphics (mostly on MacOSX)

Most often not enough Video Memory Ram (or VRAM is used by other processes).

hotfix 1: Enable low graphics mode (see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3077, viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3303)
hotfix 2: Quit other VRAM heavy programs (i.e. web browser).

Is this an alpha problem?

michaelcdf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: low fps

Post by michaelcdf »

ok something interesting,

I have 3 screen, two connected to amd card and the third one to intel integrated card,
If i leave chrome with plex website on the intel card and play the game on amd card the fps drop to 15
if I move chrome with plex to the other screen connected to the amd card i get back 60 fps.

anyway to fix that ?

bulldog98
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bulldog98 »

michaelcdf wrote:ok something interesting,

I have 3 screen, two connected to amd card and the third one to intel integrated card,
If i leave chrome with plex website on the intel card and play the game on amd card the fps drop to 15
if I move chrome with plex to the other screen connected to the amd card i get back 60 fps.

anyway to fix that ?
Do you have Intel I something? Then the integrated card is a core on the cpu which can't compute for factorio anymore than.

grobyc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by grobyc »

Hi

setup Intel 4 cores, 8 gb ram, amd hd 7900, motherboard with integrated card, win 7 64-bit, two screens

I have same problem with open factorio on first screen and with open chrome (or other browser) on second screen not only with video but sometimes when have open few tabs. Screens are connected to amd card. When I watch video on second screen I have low fps, but when I only minimalize browser with playing video or music fps back to 60.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Solution is very simple one, don't use chrome at the same time as Factorio.

Return to “Technical Help”