Can't add mods at midgame on a dedicated server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Chesly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't add mods at midgame on a dedicated server

Post by Chesly »

My dedicated server was all good with 40 mods (bob's, Nuclear, etc) until I decide to add a few new mods.
It will stuck at state (CreatingGame) if I add ANY mods, tried many times, doesn't matter which mod I add.
But it will be good again after I delete the mod I just added.

(I've tried add these mods at midgame on singleplayer, it works fine)

So, Can anyone tell me if it is possible or not. THANKS!
Attachments
stuck here after add Autofill mod
stuck here after add Autofill mod
1.png (18.35 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
stuck here after add cheaper_landfill mod (without Autofill)
stuck here after add cheaper_landfill mod (without Autofill)
2.png (15.84 KiB) Viewed 2530 times

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't add mods at midgame on a dedicated server

Post by mexmer »

is the server same hardware as when you tested it single player? also did you test it on local with same savegame as server has?

might be (if it's game state changing mod), that it just takes too long to process, if server is on weaker hardware than your computer.

get savegame from server, mod folder from server, put it on your local, add mods you want, then start headless on your local.

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

I had saves that I copied over from Single Player and from our other Windows Multiplayer Headless that I changed or upgraded mods on the Linux headless and even moved games between instances. I found that when I changed the mods folder contents (for versions or mods loaded) you need to delete the mods-list.json so it rebuilds during the next startup, I think we had issues with this on our Windows Headless setup as well. Only other thing I can think of is a conflict between the mods.

Currently running Headless 0.14.22 on Ubuntu LTS 16.x with multiple games and different mods on both.

zullkif
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zullkif »

Hi check permission for mods.a i always forget to use chown -R factorio:factorio /opt/ when modify server

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by HOSH »

zullkif wrote:Hi check permission for mods.a i always forget to use chown -R factorio:factorio /opt/* when modify server
Forgot about that... That has caused me so much headache. I am just in a habit to update the permissions every time I make a change to the /opt/factorio/ folders JIC, as I am running the server as a service.

Return to “Technical Help”