[0.14.22] Save game management

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
crym0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.22] Save game management

Post by crym0 »

Hello again everybody,

I have another question about saves management on my server (hosted by Nitrado).

Context
My configuration server is here :
server-settings.json
When we play my friends and I on my server, and all leave the game and just stay me I have a problem of save.

I create some factories and I leave the game by just doing : "escape > leave game".
After that I come back again to my server and my last modification doesn't appear...

Question
Q : There is a parameter to put in the settings files to make a save when a player leave ? Like that when anyone come back again, all construction are in place and nothing is missing .

Q : How works the save system in Factorio on Server ?

Thank you in advance for replies ;)

Regards,

Marc

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.22] Save game management

Post by Danielv123 »

Just came here from google.

No, there is no way to auto save on exit. You need to press ESC -> save game and save it somewere.

On the built in server, saves work the excact same way as with any other server you join. Every few minutes there is an autosave to your harddrive. If you want to keep the latest version of the map after you leave, you need to click save before you leave.

Return to “Technical Help”