What game did I play - multiplayer memory

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What game did I play - multiplayer memory

Post by rolfl »

Yesterday morning I was browsing around in the public multiplayer games (searched for "Password: No" and "Mods: No") just to kill some time before I had to run some errands.

I had a couple of "false starts" on games where they were not accessible (0.0.0.0:3284 not accessible, etc.) but then hit on a game that happened to be at an early stage of the game (no blue science yet, etc.) and I joined in, and spent 45 minutes helping set things up, and it was a good game, with people cooperating nicely, and looked like it would have great potential.

I then had to bail and do some chores, but came back a couple of hours later, and I had no idea of what game I was playing..... I could not re-join.

So, question: Is there a way to find out what games you have (recently) played?

In single-player, your last save is automatically selected when you try to load a game, but there's nothing like that for multiplayer games.... or is there?

Glitterspin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: What game did I play - multiplayer memory

Post by Glitterspin »

commenting to follow :)

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, and I'd love to know how to prevent that!
Looking for people to play with! Not sure the ettiquette or things. Ideally, I'd like peeps that can play fairly often, and with voicechat.

Llama
Inserter
Inserter

Re: What game did I play - multiplayer memory

Post by Llama »

There might be a better file to look in, but give this a go - it might only work for last session, doesn't look like a log with much history:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\factorio-previous.log

do Ctrl-F to find the word "joining" and you might get an IP address for last game you joined

Also found IPs in player-data.json but couldn't join them

Return to “Technical Help”