Unlink Steam Account

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
redd4fun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unlink Steam Account

Post by redd4fun »

Um I have been looking for about 2 hours now and I can't for the life of me find out how to unlink a steam account from a factorio account.

Long story short a friend and I bought the game on steam, he wanted to add mods and that was fine, but when I had to update the mods I didn't have a factorio account set up yet so I was lazy and used his account to update the mods, and now my steam is linked to his account :/. Now that i have my own I can't unlink his account from my steam, please help.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unlink Steam Account

Post by daniel34 »

Write to support@factorio.com and include your and your friend's SteamID and Factorio account name/email.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

caz712
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by caz712 »

im the other person in this situation i sent an email im waiting for a response back thanks :P i hope this works though :/ cause if ti doesnt i cant play factorio multiplayer with my bud :(

Souper07
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Souper07 »

Did this get resolved? I just had the same issue. Now my friends account claims it is already linked to my steam account. So when I log into factorio.com from my friends account and try to link it to steam it says its already claimed. When I log into factiorio.com with my own account, it says its already linked, but shows my friends steam info. I somehow got everything backwards and now cant play online.

x039879
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by x039879 »

how long does it usally take for a responce? i emailed earlier today to the email above and i know this is an old post but im in this boat as well

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

x039879 wrote:how long does it usally take for a responce? i emailed earlier today to the email above and i know this is an old post but im in this boat as well
Keep in mind what time it was in Prague when you sent that email.

Return to “Technical Help”