failure to load local achivement data.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ace_W
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

failure to load local achivement data.

Post by Ace_W »

hey all!

small issue. I'm getting a failure to load achievement data error on startup. not sure what gives as I have reinstalled the game. deleted and reinstalled mods. and even did a full on hunt down the directory and manually delete. ;/

this error also seems to not allow me to carry over any data preferences like having the tips and tricks pop up on every load, full screen preference (always windowed) and such. it also has stopped all record of achievements in steam.

I cant even figure out how to log a file cause it doesn't seem to hold the data for startup. O.o

is there a file I can mess with? or some sort of file that's saved outside of the directory in steam? I'm at a loss here.

fortunately my game saves seem to be unaffected. so I can load up a factory at where I left off. but again, tips and tricks pops up. :/

any advice is appreciated.

edit: I just found out my saves have not been deleted.

so the question becomes where are they. cause its now obvious the local save file needs to be removed and replaced. :/
"No! This one goes there! That one goes There! Right?!"

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: failure to load local achivement data.

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Ace_W wrote:edit: I just found out my saves have not been deleted.

so the question becomes where are they. cause its now obvious the local save file needs to be removed and replaced. :/
You're save files are fine. Your crop_cache.dat file might be corrupted. Try deleting it and restarting Factorio.
The crop_cache file will be auto-replaced on the game's startup. Your game WILL take a bit longer to startup, because crop_cache's function is a cache file; it's a meta-save that allows the game to startup faster. However, that also means crop_cache.bat also has a tendency to become corrupt and cause errors at game startup, during run, and at shutdown.
Deleting crop_cache.bat [should] not brick your game. If it does, backup your savefiles, and reinstall the game from Steam.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Ace_W
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ace_W »

Thanks Porkchop!! Will attempt this asap.

Edit: for the life of me I cannot find the file. ;/ I tried a full scale file search as well. do you have a full line to find it? the full folder and file name?

edit: nevermind... founf it. and I feel like an idiot. :P
"No! This one goes there! That one goes There! Right?!"

areobatman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by areobatman »

GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:
Ace_W wrote:edit: I just found out my saves have not been deleted.

You're save files are fine. Your crop_cache.dat file might be corrupted. Try deleting it and restarting Factorio.
The crop_cache file will be auto-replaced on the game's startup. Your game WILL take a bit longer to startup, because crop_cache's function is a cache file; it's a meta-save that allows the game to startup faster. However, that also means crop_cache.bat also has a tendency to become corrupt and cause errors at game startup, during run, and at shutdown.
Deleting crop_cache.bat [should] not brick your game. If it does, backup your savefiles, and reinstall the game from Steam.
This apparently didn't work for me....i have the same problem. I also tried doing it 2 times...should i reinstall?

edit: re-installed and re-deleted the crop-cache.dat file but still doesn't work....

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

If you are using the Steam version then delete the achievements.dat file, Factorio will reload the achievements from Steam and create a new file.

If you are using the website version then your achievements.dat file might be corrupted, please upload it and include your log file, in case you have any mods installed also upload achievements-modded.dat.

If you don't care what happens to your achievements you can also just delete the achievements.dat and achievements-modded.dat files, this might fix it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

mousse100
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mousse100 »

I cant find the file and have been searching for about an hour can someone help me find it

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

It's in the %appdata%\Factorio folder, just enter that in any windows explorer window or into the Win+R run dialog.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

mousse100
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mousse100 »

Thanks I found the files and did what was said above but none of it seemed to work settings kept reverting back and i'm not sure why

Return to “Technical Help”