Rented Server Auto-save

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Shadow87x
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rented Server Auto-save

Post by Shadow87x »

I am renting a server and the autosave intervals are only 2 min, put a ticket in and they said change the config file on the server, did all that. Still very short. Had it fixed before but they said they didnt know this time and i cant find the answer with all my googling. Since im only able to interface with the server threw the websites stuff...or im just a noob..thank for any help!

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Rented Server Auto-save

Post by Neemys »

If you don"t have access to the actual factorio installation and can't change the config file there is another way to set the autosave interval. Add the following parrameter to the factorio server launching command line. Change 5 by the number of minute you want.

Code: Select all

--autosave-interval 5
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Shadow87x
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Shadow87x »

I have access to the config folder and thus config file. I stopped server, downloaded the config file changed it from 2-15, deleted config on server, uploaded edited on and started server again, no change, tried changing 15-350...same no change. As for adding a parameter thats really something i cant do from my end....really dont know what to do am i suppose to be the middle man for their tech support? kinda frustrating

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

If you change config THEN restart server and the config haven't change multiple reason :
  • The config file is not named config.ini (or whatever name they decide to use if they don't use default config)
  • There is multiple autosave-interval line in the config file, check that there is only one.
  • The server don't use the config file you have modified but one from someplace else on the disk. (they maybe use the -c or --config parameter when launching factorio server to provide another config file than the default one)
  • They override config by launching the game with the command line parameter I talk about in my previous post (autosave-interval).
The two first reason you can check easily. The other two need them to check if you don't have access to the server. You will maybe have more chance by posting on your hosting provider's forum if they have one maybe another member was in the same situation as you.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zebediah49 »

Just checking, are you sure it's the server doing the auto-save, and not the clients?

This might be outdated and not relevant any more (as of 0.13), but at least it used to be that clients had an independent autosave setting for their local save. That meant that all clients also needed to have their local settings fixed.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

zebediah49 wrote:Just checking, are you sure it's the server doing the auto-save, and not the clients?

This might be outdated and not relevant any more (as of 0.13), but at least it used to be that clients had an independent autosave setting for their local save. That meant that all clients also needed to have their local settings fixed.
In multiplayer the autosave interval is always determined by the host/server so that all peers save at the same time. The client's local settings is never used.
Shadow87x wrote:As for adding a parameter thats really something i cant do from my end....
How do you set the other parameters then, like the latency, whether commands are enabled, the name of the save file and the server-settings,json? If these are simple textfields in a web interface you might be able to add the --autosave-interval there and hope it gets passed to the server.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Technical Help”