Multiplayer 0.13.1 Factorio account issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DaGazza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer 0.13.1 Factorio account issues

Post by DaGazza »

Me and my friend have been having problems with the new Factorio multiplayer when the game asks us to login with our Factorio accounts it always says no matter what "Authorization error on the auth server (username and password don't match). Most probably username and password don't match" But I created a account did everything it worked then I exited the game tried to make a new server put everything in correct and said that exact thing no matter what we do it always says the exact same thing me and the lad can't even play lan and I can't host a regular multiplayer server any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Also on a side note by making a Factorio account does it mean on the website, steam, or a in game account? also why can't we just use steam?.
Attachments
Screenshot of it
Screenshot of it
Fun.jpg (306.08 KiB) Viewed 3736 times

Bluelight
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Multiplayer 0.13.1 Factorio account issues

Post by Bluelight »

I had a similar issue and it got fixed after changing the password with password resetting from the website!
Bluelight

DaGazza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaGazza »

Bluelight wrote:I had a similar issue and it got fixed after changing the password with password resetting from the website!
No dice sadly got anything else for me?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

what is your login screen on the website?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

DaGazza
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaGazza »

No problem lads, I already figured out what I did wrong in my haste to play multiplayer I linked my steam account to a account which I don't even think exists.
I got this lads.

Return to “Technical Help”