Reset Steam achievements?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Serge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Reset Steam achievements?

Post by Serge »

Hi!

I loaded someone else's saved game just to take a look how things were done as he is much further into the game. I never thought of my steam achievements, and now I've achieved many of them. Ofcource it's not really a dramatic problem but I would love to earn these myself :)
Is it possible to reset all achievements for Factorio in a "legal" way? Or is this a Steam support matter?

Thanks!

Toomicek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Reset Steam achievements?

Post by Toomicek »

Same problem here. Jumped on server with 80+ hours and earned lot od achievements that I wanted to earn by myself :(

Any suggestions?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

There is no "official" way to reset achievement. But software that cheat achievement are able to remove them as well. Beware, those software are not supported by steam so even if steam don't do anything about them, they can do something in the future.

You can create an other steam account, share your game with this new account with steam family mode and play factorio with this new account (new account = no achievement). As you will only unlock achievement not unlocked in game, you should delete the file achivements.dat in "%appdata%/factorio" folder to reset achivement ingame.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

burisk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by burisk »

Hi all, I want to ask, is NOW there a way how to reset Steam achievements? How was written in FFF#190, when I buy my Factorio on Steam, first what I did was, that I connect to the server with the highest playtime.. So I earned a lot of achievements and I want to reach them alone. This is "cheating" technically. But that's not fun anyway. :/

Will be there some feature to reset that?
Or Maybe separated achievements to a each level/map/save will be good enough. :)

Thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”