Can't Logout

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
FreeStyleShadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't Logout

Post by FreeStyleShadow »

So i was playing with one of my friends and he logged in in my computer, i later decided to buy the game but already had it downloaded but it does not give me the option to log off so i'm not able to log in on my account.

Thanks

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't Logout

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

You mean the site http://www.factorio.com?

If yes, then in the right upper corner is the name of your friend and to the right the log out button.

Or do you mean the game itself?

If tihs, then deinstall factorio completly including all references in %appdata% (this will delete your savefiles also) and reinstall it new. Maybe there is a way to modify some ini files, but this i do not know.

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

That's a bit excessive, just delete player-data.json.

Edit: Actually that's still a bit excessive, just remove the lines with updater-username and updater-token from that file (and the comma from the preceding line so the result is still valid JSON) so you keep the campaign progress and console history.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

prg wrote:That's a bit excessive, just delete player-data.json.

Edit: Actually that's still a bit excessive, just remove the lines with updater-username and updater-token from that file (and the comma from the preceding line so the result is still valid JSON) so you keep the campaign progress and console history.
Thanks from my side. Now I am smarter :)

Return to “Technical Help”