serialisation error on saving

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

serialisation error on saving

Post by reddutton »

just ran in to a problem not really sure it is a bug but i am unable to save my game due to the error "Error while running serialisation: not enough memory" not really sure what this error really means recent changes to the save was me upgrading from 12.10 to 12.20 not sure if this error is from the upgrading or already present and just showing its self on the 12.10 i was using a usb drive for the save storage and now using the hdd on the 12.20 saves i do know my system is not great as i only get ~20/20 with 3gb ram as a 32bit os and a integrated graphics card
the odd thing about this error is when i back out to the home screen all i get is a black background
as seen in the upload below this makes me think the system ran out of graphic memory but that is not what i am seeing as i can continue to play just not save the game
log files below if more info is need to help solve let me know in the comment or solutions and yes i do know i need a better system and i am working on that
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
log file
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
factorio-current.log
log file current after reload
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
black screen after error
black screen after error
ice_screenshot_20151228-120116.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 6479 times
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: serialisation error on saving

Post by Rseding91 »

If it says it ran out of memory then it ran out of memory. There's not much else to be said :)

The longer you play the game you tend to build more and explore more (which uses more memory to hold the new information). 3 GB on a 32 bit OS with shared VRAM means the game has *very* little to work with and Factorio is a memory intensive game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”