Windows 10 downloading

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Windows 10 downloading

Post by Neonity »

This might be old news but I am not able to download the experimental version of factorio with windows 10

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Windows 10 downloading

Post by FishSandwich »

What problem are you having? It worked fine for me and many others.

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

When I click the download button ( https://www.factorio.com/demo/experimental [the .exe]) the page loads, and then simply doesn't do anything

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Probably a server issue, it's not working for me either on my phone. Try it again in a couple of hours.

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

Ok Thanks much!

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

hmm it appears the problem is still persisting, is this still a server problem or something else?

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

I think this might be the browser related issue or should I say browser security related issue.

When I go and download the EXE file for demo version (both 32 bit and 64 bit) on Windows 7 with IE 11 I get a warning that the publisher of the file can not be verified and therefore the file might be harmful for my computer. So if Microsoft has increased the default security settings on the new Browser that ships with Windows 10 it is possible that the browser is simply refusing to download the file because Microsoft's test labs hasn't verified yet that the file is secure.

So you might want to check the browser security settings to allow downloading of untested executables (EXE files) from the internet or use another browser to do that.
Or perhaps you might want to go and simply download the ZIP version instead as zip files generally aren't considered as harmful by the Microsoft as the executables are. I have managed to download both ZIP versions without any warning at all.

@Developers
You might want to consider also putting the installer into a zip archive to avoid these issues in the future especially since browsers are beginning to become more and more strict about downloading of executable files.

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

That would make sense but I still use google, is it possible that the update to windows 10 may have messed up the browser enough so that it doesn't recognize what you are downloading?

Neonity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neonity »

Ah okay, for some reason rebooting my computer did fix the issue

Return to “Technical Help”