Cant upgrade to .12

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Cant upgrade to .12

Post by Sander Buruma »

While updating it froze then crashed and now it say's there are no updates. I've reinstalled and it still thinks there are no updates for 0.11.22, and experimental updates are turned on in options.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cant upgrade to .12

Post by FishSandwich »

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

thanks!

wyan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wyan »

I have a similar problem. Initially, I updated manually to 12.0. It took a while to update and when it finished, it crashed. I tried re-running factorio but it kept crashing. I uninstalled factorio and reinstalled 12.0. Every time I run it and it says "Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums."

So...what can/should I do?
By the way, where/what are the log files? And I'm using a mac.

Thanks!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

FishSandwich wrote:You can get it from http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
I've tried to download from the 64 bit link, several times in the last few minutes, but after about 8 or about 50 MB, it just stops downloading, speed drops to 0 bit/s and stays there, forever.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Peter34 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:You can get it from http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental
I've tried to download from the 64 bit link, several times in the last few minutes, but after about 8 or about 50 MB, it just stops downloading, speed drops to 0 bit/s and stays there, forever.
I finally managed to download alpha 12, after about 30 tries. It felt like 1997 all over again, using a 28.8 bps moden and trying to download a large file but then it stops half-way through and there's no resume. The ZIP archive seems to be less prone to failing to download, but in the end I managed to download the .exe self-installer which is just easier to use.

Return to “Technical Help”