[0.11.22] Stuttering, flickering waiting icon in MP (show_multiplayer_waiting_icon)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.22] Stuttering, flickering waiting icon in MP (show_multiplayer_waiting_icon)

Post by jeroon »

I've been playing a multiplayer game with my brother now for a couple of weeks, and it worked like a charm. Yesterday however, all of a sudden, he's been getting constant game stuttering (show_multiplayer_waiting_icon is blinking all the time). It doesn't matter if he is 'host' or I start the game, he's the only one getting the stuttering, mine is fine.

His game runs fine in single player, but as soon as I join, the stuttering starts. Today we tried having someone else connecting to my brothers game (so 2 people playing), my brothers game was fine, the other person had (some) stuttering.

We are both playing win64, he's on win7, I'm on win8. We're on different IPs, but he's living pretty close, so it can't be lag. I've tried putting the Latency setting to 33, and to 200, didn't help. As I said, up until yesterday it was fine.

Now I understand there won't be any new versions until .12 comes out, and it might be fixed then, but has anyone any idea what to try? Tried fresh install, different ports etc, fresh game (not loading save game) etc.

Return to “Technical Help”