Ultra-Wide 240hrz Specific Camera Stutter

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Cellar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ultra-Wide 240hrz Specific Camera Stutter

Post by Cellar »

I found a very strange bug when testing Factorio on the Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo. This is a 240hrz, 49 inch, super-ultra-wide monitor. When playing Factorio I noticed small constant micro stuttering in game when the monitor is set to 240hrz. When the monitor is set to 60hrz, the issue resolves immediately. The game FPS, UPS, and update times are all non-suspicious, as they do not fluctuate and stay maxed out for the game with 100% up time. The pc I am using is brand new with zero problems in all other games. It has been memtested, and stress tested to completion. The system specs are: rtx strix 4090, 7950x3d, 64 GB of ram, and a generic m.2 nvme drive. I suspect that for some reason, the game is not pulling frames properly from the 240hrz mode on ultra-wide monitors. I assume that it is pulling frames as it requires them, rather than in the order that they are produced. This results in the FPS and UPS for Factorio being perfect, while the game picture looks as if it is lagging. If you need any more information I can give anything you require. I am also available via phone, discord, skype, and any other method of communication.

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Ultra-Wide 240hrz Specific Camera Stutter

Post by vjbone »

viewtopic.php?t=24826
TLDR game doesn't work good at higher refresh rate

FactorioEnjoyer3999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Ultra-Wide 240hrz Specific Camera Stutter

Post by FactorioEnjoyer3999 »

I have the 2021 Odyssey G9 which is 5120x1440 and 240Hz. My specs are a 3080 Ti + 12900k + 32 GB of DDR5 and Factorio is installed on an SSD. Factorio experiences very terrible stuttering for me as well unless I set the monitor to 60Hz. I would consider the game unplayable if you set the refresh rate past 60Hz from the sheer amount of stuttering I experienced. Factorio doesn't seem to like refresh rates past 60Hz. I don't think there is anything you can do about it other than set your monitor to 60Hz when you play the game.

Return to “Technical Help”