[1.1.80] Corrupted save file - crc error in last level.dat

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Gerkl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.80] Corrupted save file - crc error in last level.dat

Post by Gerkl »

The game reports a corrupted save file. At the time I was saving the game, there was nothing suspicious: I saved the game closed it on the title screen. Unfortately the auto save files are overwritten now. I've tried to look into it:

- the game reports an invalid zip file
- inside the zip file is a crc error on level.dat238
- there is no level.dat236 and level.dat235 - I am not sure if that is a problem?
- level.datmetadata is probably missing? Adding the file from another save file lets factorio viewing the save state
- however, opening the file fails at the very very end: couldn't read from input file. File could be corrupt.

Obvisouly it's true that the file is corrupt, however I wonder if it's possible to fix the save game somehow. 99% of the save state is available. I am not sure how the partioning of the level.dat files works, maybe there is a hope.

Mod list and log is attached. The save file and the "fixed" one that almost finishes loading are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k7bdvonoaf4 ... LxWya?dl=0

Thanks for any help!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(78.1 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
mod-list.json
(6.44 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Return to “Technical Help”