amd ryzen 7 5700x in game for mods?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

amd ryzen 7 5700x in game for mods?

Post by Airat9000 »

The question about the game is this.
Will it work fine with a mod, for example Pyanodons ?
now it takes me 11GB of memory . The characteristics are 1050ti , Phenom x6 1055T - overclocked , hdd 2TB, motherboard in max 16gb memory

But the game is already barely pulling 16 fps ups, when it is saved or loaded for 10-12 minutes, and fps and fps drops to 5-8. As I understood, in fact, the game if you put more memory or a more powerful video card, then the FPS will level out? as is the processor. 8 nuclear .

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: amd ryzen 7 5700x in game for mods?

Post by robot256 »

If you're asking if a 1-year-old CPU will perform better than a 13-year-old CPU, I don't think anyone will hesitate to say yes. It's more than three times faster just in clocks. The change from DDR3 to DDR4 will also have a big impact. But still, it is possible to make a big enough factory to lag a recent system.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/A ... 3386vs2003

To upgrade your current system, you could try a solid state disk, faster CPU, or faster RAM, but those will be just as expensive as buying them for a new machine. Video card won't make a difference. (I just built a new machine to replace my 10-year-old 3570K.)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

robot256 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:32 pm
If you're asking if a 1-year-old CPU will perform better than a 13-year-old CPU, I don't think anyone will hesitate to say yes. It's more than three times faster just in clocks. The change from DDR3 to DDR4 will also have a big impact. But still, it is possible to make a big enough factory to lag a recent system.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/A ... 3386vs2003

To upgrade your current system, you could try a solid state disk, faster CPU, or faster RAM, but those will be just as expensive as buying them for a new machine. Video card won't make a difference. (I just built a new machine to replace my 10-year-old 3570K.)
Yes, thank you for the answer, I'm still hesitating, I'm still thinking. Is it worth taking, it's just that I also need to work with software so that I can both play and work in some corel,

I'm trying to figure out if the game uses RAM more and a graphics card or CPU computing. or you can work like that, I just tried it in the settings, I didn't really notice that or so.

I just thought because my motherboard holds 16 GB of memory as much as possible, there is nowhere else.

I just watch the tests, but I don't always believe websites and bloggers, because their goal is to sell new things, and not just say yes, this is really a workhorse.
Honestly, I planned to take am5 at all.. But this is too and too expensive, given the shortage of Electronics in our country. There is no guarantee that it will be replaced later.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Airat9000 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm
I'm trying to figure out if the game uses RAM more and a graphics card or CPU computing. or you can work like that, I just tried it in the settings, I didn't really notice that or so.
Factorio is ram and cpu, though in the case of ram, latency is what will affect ups, and total GB will affect how big you can go.

That said...
Airat9000 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm
I just thought because my motherboard holds 16 GB of memory as much as possible, there is nowhere else.
I'm not familiar with AMD for this, but Intel I know every few years you need a different socket and thus motherboard, anyway. If that's the case for you here, too, then this would be an opportunity to get a motherboard that's capable of more ram, too, thus alleviating that problem.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”