LOW FPS/UPS DOH!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lampy0007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

LOW FPS/UPS DOH!

Post by lampy0007 »

So im trying again on a second big base and thought I had my UPS problems sorted this time, but no luck

can someone please tell me what ive done wrong this time, I cant seem to get this right!!!!!

The only thing I can think is too many inserters...
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 634 times
factorio-current.log
(24.45 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: LOW FPS/UPS DOH!

Post by vjbone »

Post your save file too. Do you have a lot of bots?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LOW FPS/UPS DOH!

Post by mmmPI »

From the screenshot and log there is not enough information to confirm or infirm the hypothesis of inserters.

The game update is around 26 millisecond on average, and 20 ms of those are taken by "Entity Update". This is what is the visible cause of the lower-than-60-ups, it takes 20 millisecond for the game to compute the entities, and if you want to have 60 frame per second, you are only allowed 16.66 ms. ( 1/60 ).

You can try to find in the debug menu "show-entity-time-usage" and tick only this one , it will show a break down more precise.

When factory are well optimised it seem to me that those numbers somewhat look like yours, most of the time is in entity update, from the screenshot, mods , electric network , belts ,trains , fluids and circuit network seem fine all of them combined are only 6 ms, with 3 ms for electric network 2.4 for transport line, and 1.8 ms for heat manager.

The first number is the rolling average for a period of a few second, the 2nd the minimum, the 3rd is the maximum. The lower the range, the smoother, it would seem that in your case there is quite a significant difference between 22 ms and 53 ms, for the "update", with an average at 27 ms that is enough to impact game experience, as with 53 ms you only have ( 1000/53) = 18 fps.

Return to “Technical Help”