[1.1.76] Factorio keeps Crash even when I do nothing

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
omote23
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.76] Factorio keeps Crash even when I do nothing

Post by omote23 »

What did you do?
Just loaded the save, and do nothing
maybe autosaving is proceeding now but I think it doesn't matter

What happened?
just keeps crash

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Just playing the game.

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Sometimes at 1 weeks ago, and always now

If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps!
Just open any savefile, and do nothing. then, the game crashes

Crash log is attached to this post.

Lots of people said that it has a RAM problem, but I tested the RAM, and there are no memory errors

What should I do? just give up playing this game? I can't change the ENTIRE PC now.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.76] Factorio keeps Crash even when I do nothing

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like system instability. If find a way to relaibly reproduce this after all, post a save and exact steps that make it crash.

You can also try to remove any overclock including xmp in your bios and reduce render threads in Factorio settings.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] Factorio keeps Crash even when I do nothing

Post by FuryoftheStars »

omote23 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:10 pm
Lots of people said that it has a RAM problem, but I tested the RAM, and there are no memory errors
I don't know what you used for a RAM tester, but I don't know of any decent ones that put a log entry into Windows. Use something like memtest that require being put on and run from a USB stick. Then let it run several times (like close to a dozen).

But yeah, typically is it's crashing in RAM, it's going to be instability from overclocking/XMP like Loewchen mentioned.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”