Factorio Server 1.1.74 UDP Error 10055

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Bman142
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio Server 1.1.74 UDP Error 10055

Post by Bman142 »

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me.

I'm trying to host a small sever for me and some friends but whenever I run the server, I keep getting this error:

293.698 Warning UDPSocket.cpp:379: Sendto failed: Error code 10055, An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.; data length = 3, address = IP ADDR:({192.168.1.255:34196})

It seems to be something with the machine, but I can't figure out what. I've tried running the server on a different machine and it runs fine. I can't see anything on it blocking the port or using other UDP ports.

System is a Xeon E5-2650 V2 with 32 GB of ram on a Machinist x79 Board.

I've attached a full example log for more information.
Attachments
log.log
Sample Log of my server displaying the error
(8.74 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Theos22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio Server 1.1.74 UDP Error 10055

Post by Theos22 »

This error means the machine is overloaded in terms of network resources (network buffer space or number of connections). Usually the cause of this is a misbehaving application on the machine that is (or was) leaking network resources by not freeing them when they are no longer needed. The command

Code: Select all

netstat -qbn
in an administrator command prompt might be helpful in attempting to identify the application consuming most of the resources. If you can't find the application causing the problem, it may be worthwhile to run a malware scanner as this is can also be a symptom of certain types.

Bman142
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bman142 »

I've run the netstat but all I see are svchost.exe and factorio, and a scan with malware bytes revealed nothing.

Based on your reply, I tried grabbing a new network card for the system, but the problem persists.

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

You could try increasing the send buffer in the device settings. Mine is default 512, for whatever that is worth.

WinKey+X -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> [Adapter Name] -> Right-click -> Properties -> Advanced -> Transmit Buffers is where mine is with an Intel i219LM network card.

Return to “Technical Help”